Balega Blister Resist Mohair Quarter running socks perfectly blend nature and technology to create the best anti-blister quarter running socks.
- Keeps out grit and grime while adding additional security and comfort with enhanced elastic grip construction in quarter sock rib top.
- Eliminates the risk of sheer friction blisters.
- Keeps feet cool and dry with ideal combination of mohair and our signature Drynamix ® moisture wicking fibres, plus specially constructed, reinforced microfiber mesh ventilation panels.
- Maximizes comfort with hand-linked seamless toe, enhanced and wide arch support band.
- Provides additional no-slip security with enhanced elastic grip construction.
- Ensures perfect fit with extra-deep heel pocket.
Want to find out more about Balega?
Remember to follow us on Facebook for product reviews and offers!
Creating the perfect anti-blister running socks requires the perfect blend between nature and technology.
Natural mohair with its unique flat scale structure is renowned for its protection against sheer friction blisters even with the most sensitive skin.
It also boasts incredible tensile strength and, when combined with our signature Drynamix ® moisture wicking fibre provides a super-soft touch to the skin. Balega Blister Resist Mohair anti-blister running socks integrates seamless constructed fit technology knitted with the revolutionary Dry-Mo for the ultimate protection against sheer friction blisters.
Why use mohair in anti-blister performance running socks?
- GREAT INSULATION CAPACITY – Mohair’s hollow fibre structure allows for superior temperature regulation; keeping you cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter.
- DURABILITY – Mohair is one of the most durable natural performance fibres and can be twisted or bent without damaging the fibre.
- COMFORT – With its unique scale structure, the smooth fibres and natural sheen greatly reduce irritation on the skin even for wearers who are sensitive to other wools. Mohair is a trusted fibre for diabetics.
- STRENGTH – Mohair is stronger than steel of the same diameter.
- SHRINK RESISTANT – Mohair fibres do not felt and are much more resistant to shrinking than wool. • ELASTICITY – Mohair can stretch an average of 30% over its length and will recoil back into shape. Because of the fibre’s natural elasticity, garments made of mohair resist wrinkling, stretching or sagging.
- MOISTURE MANAGEMENT – Combined with Balega’s trademark Drynamix ® , mohair is twisted to create DRY-MO. A unique moisture management solution that creates the ultimate anti-blister, moisture-wicking performance running sock and that ensures dry feet.
- ANTIMICROBIAL – Mohair will naturally prevent the growth of bacteria making it an excellent fibre to make something like SOCKS!
South African Mohair is acknowledged throughout the world as one of the finest natural fibres known to man. The added benefit of this “diamond fiber” is that it is a natural and renewable resource. Nelson Mandela Bay, in South Africa, is the unofficial capital of the global mohair industry, leading the market with 58% of the world’s production.